Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Understanding My Journey


Hi I'm Sharon Simmons and I created an app. I'm a bit older than my colleagues but its an honor to be apart of the technology movement. People have ask me why did I choose Africa specifically Ghana? I would be glad to tell you. Before my mother died in 2009 she mention to me that she had taken a DNA test to prove where our ancestors came from. The only problem was before she could go through further testing she passed away.  She told me that the first test was not detailed enough and I needed to do further testing. The results suggested that we are Sub-Saharan descent..and you and I know there are many countries in the Sub-Saharan. And I will complete the testing. But my heart say's Ghana!! My first trip the Ghana was in 2008. After I saw the Slave Castle and got a feel of the people I began to feel a tugging at my heart and spirit to return. I stayed in Cape Coast with a lovely family they took really good care of me. After my mother passed I decide to return but how?

Move the Ghana!! But bring ya own money!!!

Ghana is a progressive country that is on the move with technology. I want to be apart of the NexGen Movement in Ghana. So how can I be apart? I definitely have to bring my A-game to the table! I've made two trips to Ghana within the pass 60 days and what I found is that I must have multiple streams of income to live the way I want to and at my age I want to feel like on vacation while working..I'm saying Good-Bye to Corporate America for good! But you have to set it up. You can't be foolish and just drop everything and go.

Tech Community in Ghana is Hot!!

On this subject the Tech Community is as we "Americans" would say is off the hook!! They network very well with each other and you can see that they are well organized. From Cape Coast, Kumasi, Tema and Accra and I'm sure other places that I don't know. I'm impressed with the togetherness. I've met some really nice techies in Accra and surrounding area's From Kamil Nabong and Phillips Mensah Effah Owners of Dropifi, Fiifi Baidoo and Kwesi Eyison Owners of iSpaceGhana, Ali Bukari Maiga,Donald Ward,Senman Aseye Bridget,
Ato Ulzen Appiah,Elorm Billy Awittor,Doris Anson Yevu,Nehemiah Attigah and I'm sure I will be able to network with many more I hope I didn't leave off anyone?..You all are going a great job for your country and for the youth of the NexGen!! I applaud you.


iGot'em App to launch in Ghana the first quarter of 2014

The Award Winning iGotem App will be launching in Ghana !!! Soon Soon Soon!!
A Client of the Houston Technology Center@NASA Space Center JSC Campus
Click the link below the read article.


No comments:

Post a Comment